Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's telling that one of the first words that I have learned is 'leum' which means 'forget'. It mostly comes from the time when, during my first full day in this country, I forgot my credit card and box-with-the-charger at the cell phone store in the mall... which is quite a distance away. Don't worry mom, I got it. Kung Mae (host mom) and I just had to drive all the way back to the mall later that night. It's funny... they frequently say how I have a good memory... referring to how I remember words, but they say just as much if not more how I always forget things. Every time we go out now, Kung Mae reminds me to make sure I have everything in my bag before we leave. In a joking sort of way.

We went to a big walking market today, which they set up every sunday, and where you can buy all sorts of handmade stuff. It was very cool. Among the most notable items was a dog wearing a tie with the Playboy logo on it. I guess that's what happens when you let all the dogs have their testicles (which they do).

- Noah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to know you are being "mothered". mom

Anonymous said...

Great update . . . . sounds like you've landed with an understanding host family . . . it always pays to be lucky!!

Wise move in publishing your trials and tribulations after they had been reconciled!!

Talk with you soon . . . I love you . . . Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a blog. I'll read it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun...enjoy the culture and food; Uncle Greg.